Student Study Plan
Submission & Rules
STUDY PLAN SUBMISSION a. y. 2023/2024
For the current a.y. 2023/24, it is possible to submit the request of study plan variation through the new GCS online service.
A time window for the Study Plan submission is open from Monday 16th October, 2023, to Monday 20th November 2023.
- For enrolled students at 1° and 2° year the submission of the Study Plan of Geoengineering Students takes place through the new GCS online service.
IMPORTANT: To access the online procedure, you must have renewed your enrollment for the current academic year (2023/2024).
- Students who are "outside prescribed time (fuori corso)" or who have an individual study plan are requested to use the Form for the Study Plan Variation.
The form can only be accessed using the institutional account (@stud.unifi.it).
Free choice activities
The main general criterion for selecting the free-choice/elective courses remains the one established by the DM n. 270 of 22 October 2004, related to the Article 10: "the training activities autonomously chosen by the student, quantified in CFU/ECTS, must be consistent with the study program course".
Students are therefore advised to provide a brief explanation of the choice done in defining the individual study plan.
Please note the importance of following clarification:
- Study plans reporting free-choice courses without academic discipline code (i.e. SSD - Settore Scientifico Disciplinare) or courses without grade, will not be accepted (in particular, language courses/exams will not be accepted);
- The selected courses should be preferable held in English (programmes held in English at University of Florence) and must be included in the offer of the University of Florence, in the academic year in which the individual study plan is defined;
- The selection of free-choice courses not present in the Degree Course offer must take into account the following aspects:
- non-overlapping with other teaching contents offered by the Degree Course itself;
- adequacy of the selected courses to acquire skills and knowledge useful for the profession and therefore consistent with the rest of the training course;
- inclusion in the study plan of any preparatory content for the selected course.
Support to the compilation phase
In case of doubts and open questions during the compilation of the study plan, the coordinator of the CdS prof. Enrica Caporali can be contacted via email at email@example.com. Furthermore, dedicated meetings with the coordinator can be organized upon students' request.