Student Study Plan
New submissions & rules
Starting from the a.a. 2018/2019 the submission of the Study Plan of Geoengineering Students takes place through the new on-line service.
From 24 March to 20 April 2020, students who are enrolled in the Second Cycle Degree Courses between 07/12/2019 and 23/03/2020 are allowed to present their study plan by accessing the GCS online services.
Even students of the first or second year of the Second Cycle Degree Courses who have never presented a study plan in the 2019/2020 academic year, may take advantage of the period 24/03-20/04 for the presentation of their study plan (limited to the online procedure).
Should the online presentation be not sufficient, newly enrolled students must still submit the online plan (in order to choose constrained-choice and free-choice exams) and send a paper form containing only the modification that cannot be made online.
The form, downloadable at the following link, must be completed, signed, scanned and uploaded on the following form (accessible only using the institutional account @stud.unifi.it). Please note that all these documents are in Italian.
Selection criteria of elective courses, free choice.
The main general criterion for selecting the free-choice courses/exams remains the one established by the DM n. 270 of 22 October 2004, where in the Article 10 it is reported "the training activities autonomously chosen by the student, quantified in CFU/ECTS, must be consistent with the study programme course".
Students are therefore advised to provide, in defining the individual study plan, a brief explanation of the choice done.
Furthermore it is important to take into account the following:
- Study plans that indicate free-choice courses without academic discipline code (i.e. SSD - Settore Scientifico Disciplinare) or courses without grade, will not be accepted (in particular, language courses/exams will not be accepted);
- The selected courses should be preferable in English and must be included in the offer of the School of Engineering or of other Schools of University of Florence, in the academic year in which the individual study plan is defined;
- The selection of the free-choice courses must take into account the following aspects:
- the non-overlapping with other teaching contents offered by the CdS itself;
- the usefulness of the selected teaching in order to acquire skills and knowledge useful for the profession and therefore consistency with the rest of the training course;
- the lack in the study plan of potential preparatory exams to the selected teaching.
In general, the free-choice courses can be selected within the programmes held in English of the University of Florence.
Support to the compilation phase
In case of doubts and open questions during the compilation of the study plan, the coordinator of the CdS prof. Enrica Caporali can be contacted via e-mail at enrica.caporali(at)unifi.it. Furthermore, upon request of the students, meetings of the coordinator with the students can be organized.