Student Study Plan
Starting from the a.a. 2018/2019 the submission of the Study Plan of Geoengineering Students takes place through the new on-line service.
The period for the submission of the study plan, in the current academic year 201972020 through the online procedure is from Monday 28 October 2019 to Friday 6 December 2019.
Selection criteria of elective courses, free choice.
The main general criterion for selecting the free-choice courses/exams remains the one established by the DM n. 270 of 22 October 2004, where in the Article 10 it is reported "the training activities autonomously chosen by the student, quantified in CFU/ECTS, must be consistent with the study programme course".
Students are therefore advised to provide, in defining the individual study plan, a brief explanation of the choice done.
Furthermore it is important to take into account the following:
- Study plans that indicate free-choice courses without academic discipline code (i.e. SSD - Settore Scientifico Disciplinare) or courses without grade, will not be accepted (in particular, language courses/exams will not be accepted);
- The selected courses should be preferable in English and must be included in the offer of the School of Engineering or of other Schools of University of Florence, in the academic year in which the individual study plan is defined;
- The selection of the free-choice courses must take into account the following aspects:
- the non-overlapping with other teaching contents offered by the CdS itself;
- the usefulness of the selected teaching in order to acquire skills and knowledge useful for the profession and therefore consistency with the rest of the training course;
- the lack in the study plan of potential preparatory exams to the selected teaching.
In general, the free-choice courses can be selected within the programmes held in English of the University of Florence.
Support to the compilation phase
In case of doubts and open questions during the compilation of the study plan, the coordinator of the CdS prof. Enrica Caporali can be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com. Furthermore, upon request of the students, meetings of the coordinator with the students can be organized.